I can’t believe a year and a half has passed already
It’s been a whirlwind but so great! I love the fast-paced nature of the digital marketing industry and where it’s all heading, even the developments in the last 12 months are staggering. It’s been so interesting adapting, learning, and building relationships with a wide range of clients, stakeholders and internal teams.
This is the first role I’ve had where I look forward to working. I have the most incredible team around me – so empowering, caring, knowledgeable and fun! I’ve always been asked how I’m getting on, how can I be supported more, what my interests are, what can be done to get me to where I want to be. I really cherish those conversations and the commitment to personal and career growth.
Support. Encouragement. Confidence.
All this support and encouragement has really built up my confidence and led me to do things I didn’t see myself doing or have struggled to do for years. For example:
- Speak up and ask for help (work related and personal)
- Ask questions without the fear of being judged
- Put my ideas and opinions forward in meetings
- Working on numerous passion projects
- Present on stage in front of over 200 team members and help lead large team meetings
- Publish my own articles on topics close to my heart on our Hub-bub Newsletter
- Travel (a big anxiety of mine) – when I first started I didn’t have my driving licence – something I’ve been trying to get for years but my anxiety has always gotten the better of me. However, with the shifts in my confidence, self worth etc I managed to pass! This has of course opened up my life so much and I continue to do things that make me uncomfortable more often. It’s all transferrable.
- Encouraging myself to work with people outside of my team on projects and put forward my ideas and make things happen.
Campaign & Media Management Executive, Argos Client Services